Friday, April 18, 2008

Three tries and I win!

OK - My editor wants me to include a "boot" sock in the book. Apparently, a boot sock is like a legwarmer with stirrups and a cuff that folds over your boot. Ok - I got it.

Now the tricky part begins. I figured out how to do a very cool looking cuff since that's the only part that will show when it is worn but it has to fold over a boot and then the wrong side becomes the right side for the rest of it!

I know how to do a purl row to make a turn row on a hem so tried that. Nope - didn't work.
Ripped it out.

Then I did it with rows of ribbing following the cuff but it didn't fold properly. Remember, it has to go over a boot.

Since the cuff had quite a bit of purl in it, I tried knitting two rows for the fold line. Yes! It folds.

Now I did some ribbing to make sure the sock would stay up reasonably well. Now came the tricky part - changing the wrong side to the right side. I ended up just turning my work and working backwards and joining the round at the end.

Now that I am past that part, I am just crusing along.

1 comment:

AmyS said...

Hi Judy, how fun to see you have a new blog! It will be great fun to follow your designing, knitting and writing adventures. And I can't wait for your book to come out!