Sunday, April 20, 2008

An almost "lost" day -

I've been fighting a cold bug and when I got up yesterday, I thought it had really broken through my wall of echinacea. I thought maybe it would be a good day to just finish up fairly mindless parts of socks and I did work on a plain foot for a little bit -

But then I couldn't resist picking up that blackberry colored knee sock I had sitting next to my chair. OK - I had tried several patterns the day before that didn't work but today would be different.

Sure - about four or five different tries later, I sat down at my computer and printed off a pattern I had written for one of my original samples for the book. Then we had dinner and I started trying this pattern and it worked! Before bed, I got through a whole 28 round repeat! I felt like I had won the Oscar or a Grammy.

Do you suppose that maybe I can stick to some of my "established" patterns and finish up some things today or will the gray Regia silk have to jump on needles to test that pattern I spotted for it yesterday? And then there's that really cute pattern I saw that would look great in the butterscotch colored Panda silk.

I wrote down the projects I am working on or have planned and it turns out that there are fifteen of them and the book only needs ten more. Do you suppose they could use more than thirty patterns for it?

No comments: