Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I can't believe I did that!

I am in the middle of knitting socks for a new book - my first ever at the age of 71! I have already sent two batches of ten samples to my editor and am working on the third batch.

Last night I thought I was ready to start the foot of a sock when I realize that I had inadvertently knitted four extra rounds about thirty rounds back! Yes I had to rip it out and tonight I will have to re-knit it.

I am talking to my editor tomorrow to get feedback about the last batch of socks I sent her. She liked nine out of ten in the first batch. My contract says I have to provide "25 to 30" projects so I am hoping that she likes them.

Originally, I was naive enough to think I would only have to knit a single sock for the book but apparently they will be on models' feet and I guess they have two of them. Once I know which ones pass the editor-test, I will have to knit mates for all of them.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Judy,
congratulations! What an exciting time for you. I hope it all goes well.

Karin said...

All the best! Now that I've found your blog, I'll keep following your progress even more.