Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I had good intentions -

I thought I was going to finish those leafy green socks yesterday but never touched them.

I did say that I would work on the Merino 5 Over the Knee sock and I did. I got it out and worked on it yesterday morning while I sat in the sunroom, enjoying the view of the mountains and blossoms and all of the birds. We even had a chipmunk on our deck rail, eating some loose corn.

When it was time to go to the shop, I tossed it in my shop bag and took it with me and when I left, I was not only done with all of the patterned part, but had turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches. Well, now I was way too close to put it down so had to keep going. I finished the foot during the evening and what did I do - work on the green sock? No - I wound a skein of denim blue Lorna's Laces worsted yarn that I just had to try a new pattern on for a legwarmer. Yes, I like it! And it's not too hard either. My editor keeps cautioning me that there have to be some fairly simple things in the book.

While I was waiting for my computer to boot, I just had to play with some Baby Cashmerino and you know what that means . . .

1 comment:

Knitwise Cracker said...

How fun!! I wish you were my neighbor. I want to see all your projects. I saw your comment on the Knitlist & had to come over & see your blog. How exciting to get a royalty check. CONGRATS! So you just started your blog, eh? It would be great if you could embellish your blog, but it would take away too much of your knitting time!! I'm a very slow knitter & last summer when I started my blog, I used up a week of vacation doing my blog, trying to figure out a bunch of blogging "things" & NOT knitting.