Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Final sock - first batch

Hooray! I am into the foot of the 30th sock for "Knitting New Socks." I am wondering if I will get the first ones back from Melanie so I can be sure that the mates are the same size. If I wrote the patterns "perfectly", I should be able to duplicate them without the originals in hand.

I still have two and a half patterns to plug into the computer but, hopefully, that won't be too tricky to accomplish. Gee - I reached the target number of thirty socks and still have yarn and designs for four more. What do I do with them? Maybe the yarn companies will want the yarn returned.

I'm wondering if the charts will have to be sent as hard copies or electronically. Computers have certainly made designing and writing books much simpler than it would have been twenty years ago.

No comments: