Saturday, May 3, 2008

I just can't stop!

I finished the thirtieth sock for the book. I could take a break. So - what did I do? I cast on for the thirty-first sock. There was one pattern that I really liked and wanted to see what it would look like and I just happened to have some gray Regia silk handy. True confession time - I have one inch left to go before the toe and it's done. Since my editor is apparently on vacation, I didn't send the last batch of ten socks and now it will be eleven instead. I'm mailing them to her office if I don't hear anything over the weekend from her. She only goes into the office in New York a couple of days a week but at least I'll know they are there.

My pattern tester and friend, Barbara, came into the shop yesterday and I was telling her what I was up to and she suggested that maybe I have a second book of sock patterns in me. That may be true but I can't think about that now.

No comments: