Monday, May 5, 2008

Arrgh!

I decided to go ahead and start the second Kabuki boot even though I wasn't absolutely sure if I was doing the rib pattern that I used in the first one. Lorraine Erlinger pointed out that I should have taken pictures of all of the socks before sending them off. Unfortunately, her advice came too late to help this time.
I also have to confess that I will not have enough yarn in a single skein of this sage colored Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted to finish the sock. I contacted my Brown Sheep contact via email and begged for a second skein. When I bought it at my LYS, I didn't know what I was going to do with it at the time.

This morning, I scanned what I had done and sent it to my editor in hope that she can tell me it is "right."

I figured I didn't have time to waste so got my last pattern into the computer and sent to my pattern tester. Then I began the job of scanning pattern charts, cropping out the single repeat and saving them to send to the graphic artist to re-format for the book. I thought that as I do "second" socks, I'll do this too so that they will all be ready when the deadline hits.

Now I am going to beg my editor to tell me I can start another "second" sock.

No comments: