Friday, May 9, 2008

It's All About Me!

I can relax a bit as Melanie has my box of socks. It's not missing in the great void. She says she will be in contact with me today or Monday. An here I was envisioning her opening the box immediately, being thrilled with what I did and calling me immediately.

I keep forgetting that she has a full-time job with a publisher and is working on other things than my book! She had the nerve to take a week off recently and I was freaking out.

The hardest part at this point is that I can't be sure which socks will be in the book so am (theoretically)on hold. I'm supposed to be knitting thirty socks during May and June! I'm losing valuable time! I decided to go ahead and start knitting ones I know she really likes and take a chance rather than sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I finished one yesterday and started another. Why didn't I scan all of them before sending them? It would have been so easy and I would have been sure that my instructions were right and that it really was two repeats plus twenty more rounds. I look at the sock and wonder - was it really three repeats?

No comments: