Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I was wrong!

Well, I heard from Melanie yesterday and the ribbing I thought was the "right" one for the Kabuki boot wasn't the right one! How could I have written a pattern and put in seven rows of the wrong rib pattern? My brain must have really been on overload that day!

She encouraged me to go ahead and start writing the introductions for the patterns while I am waiting for her to get the last box of "first" socks. When she gets them, she will call and we will discuss them and then she will decide which ones will be in the book. Then I will have to knit my fingers off, trying to finish thirty "second" socks (actually, only twenty-nine since I did send the Sumo sock with the recent box). My deadline is August 1 for the entire package of socks, charts, intros and all other writing. This is going to be a memorable summer.

I just couldn't wait without knitting in my hands so I got out the rest of the ball of Strawberry Cream colored Panda Silk and began the second sock of a pair for a child because I know she loved the pattern and chances are good it will be used. There is also an adult sock to match and I'll probably start it next.

No comments: